What comes to mind when you think about kangaroos? My guess is…Australia? You can now replace Australia in your mind with Arlington because we have a Kangaroo Farm right in our backyard. Who knew!?
The Outback Kangaroo and Exotic Animal Tours provides a place where you have the opportunity to interact with all the animals. From kangaroos to alpacas to flying squirrels, peacocks and wallaroos, the Kangaroo Farm allows you to experience the Australian Outback right here at home.
Adventure Kids TV visited in 2016 and put together this video!
You can follow The Outback Kangaroo Farm on Facebook for some interesting facts about animals!
Here are a few things you should know. As of 07/19/17:
- The Kangaroo Farm is open March 1st – Oct 30th and you need to schedule your guided tour ahead of time. What I love about that is you are going to need to worry about too many people showing up at the same time, you’ll be able to enjoy and see all the animals!
- Tour Schedule Hours: Wednesday – Sunday, 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., & 4 p.m., Closed Monday & Tuesday
- $10 per children (under 2 are free) and adults are $12. Discounts available for groups and seniors so ask about that.
- The tours are 40-minutes and you’ll get educated about the animals, but you’ll also be able to enjoy them. This is an event for all ages!
- They only accept cash or checks so stop by the ATM ahead of time.
Check out the full gallery of animals pictures!
Have you been to the Kangaroo Farm? We’d love to hear about it!
Off the Beaten Path is a feature of our radio station that highlights local businesses or sights that are interesting, unique or simply a fun place to stop while you are out and about in our beautiful state. See our full list of Off the Beaten Path destinations! Do you have a location or business you’d like to recommend? Let us know!