The words they use are “Enchanting, magical & unbelievable!” I would agree. And, even better, you can make it an overnight experience the whole family will love. What am I talking about? The Lights of Christmas Festival at Warm Beach Camp! You may be familiar with the Lights of Christmas Festival and have attended in years past but I bet you didn’t know you can turn it into an OVERNIGHT ADVENTURE! We did this for the first time last year and let me tell you why you need to do it this year.
- A fun family experience. Christmas is so magical. The lights are beautiful. Enjoy yourself and soak in the experience. Do you ever feel like you are simply rushing from one Christmas activity to the next without really taking it in? I know the answer is yes. Slow down, friend. Take a deep breath and soak it in. Your family will thank you.
- No rush. You can get into the Lights of Christmas Festival earlier, taking your time strolling around and enjoy all the things without any lines. Most years we’ve passed by pony rides or train rides because our kids just couldn’t wait. But, by staying overnight we were able to take it all in!
- No traffic. Come early into the grounds, settle into your cabin, enjoy a cup of hot cocoa and then head out. When you are ready to leave the next day (after breakfast, which is included) you can do so without the swarms of cars and the long lines.
- Affordable. We have personally rented a Mount Baker room and at $238 for the night that covers all 5 of us (grandma comes too!) and our entry fee into the park + breakfast the next morning. You get to check in at 5pm the night before and don’t have to check out until 11am the next day. There are also cheaper rooms available in some of the other cabins so check those out for lower rates. I see rates from the $150-$400 range, depending on how fancy you are getting.
- A yearly tradition. We have made this a yearly tradition because we loved it so much. I love everything about it. I love that if it is cold you can take a break and warm up in your cabin. I love the breakfast included. I love the beauty of the lights from our cabin window. I love snuggling into bunk beds with my kids and reading Christmas stories. I love that they ask us as soon as we can leave when we will go back. The answer, “next year kids!
Have you been to the Lights of Christmas Festival? Have you stayed overnight? Tell us about your favorite light display!
Listen to our kids share their faves!
(Note: I was not compensated for this post. I simply had a delightful time and wanted to share it!)
Off the Beaten Path is a feature of our radio station that highlights local businesses or sights that are interesting, unique or simply a fun place to stop while you are out and about in our beautiful state. See our full list of Off the Beaten Path destinations! Do you have a location or business you’d like to recommend? Let us know!