Your Life - PRAISE Updates

A Favor to Ask

My Daughter-in-law, Aimee, just loves anything Christmas. It’s fun to watch her eyes light up around the holiday. Perhaps you feel that way or someone you love does.

Here at PRAISE 106.5, we truly feel the Christmas season gives us an unprecedented opportunity to ‘find common ground’ with those who wouldn’t normally listen. Christmas music is a tool to introduce people to Christ. By playing classic Christmas songs, universally familiar to anyone looking for the sounds of the holiday, we can hold their attention and present the true meaning of Christmas.

I have a favor to ask of you. We hope to use the Christmas classics to help attract as many people as possible, especially non-PRAISE listeners. So when you hear the songs, pray that God, through His Holy Spirit, will draw people to PRAISE 106.5, where they'll hear the real story of Christmas and the Gospel message of Jesus Christ…perhaps for the first time!

Also, would you consider inviting a friend or relative who needs to know Christ. Though they might not normally listen, the Christmas music just might get them to turn the dial, resulting in a life-changing encounter with God!

So, let me encourage you to pray, to tell, call or Facebook at least one person and let them know about all the great Christmas songs coming on CHRISTMAS PRAISE 106.5!

Blessings and Merry Christmas,

Jim Bouma
Operations Manager
I Corinthians 9:22

Leave a comment:

showing all comments · Subscribe to comments
  1. RebeccaC_0149 posted on 11/21/2012 10:54 AM
    Absolutely! I will pass it on and I know just the person to start with!
  2. tonyar posted on 11/21/2012 11:09 AM
    Ima prayen, I love this time of year I always have my radio station tuned to your channel my kids have gotten use to the Christmas music every year even though this Christmas is going to be really rough and I start thinking (why bother decorating) I just listen to your station and remember the true meaning and remember that its being together as a family that matters not stuff, I just have a hard time not seeing the glow on my kids faces with excitment it makes me sad but we talk and they understand and know Christmas is all about Jesus.

Who ever rides in my car you are what they here. even my grandmother she didn't know about your station and after the first time of me turning her great 40's off and turning on the radio she pves your station..
  3. davidS_5157 posted on 11/21/2012 01:20 PM
    We look forward to hearing the wonderful Christmas music... My wife and I love the Christmas time so much, plus we are looking forward to the Michael W Smith Concert we also got some friends who are open to hearing about Christ coming with us and hope that this will be a great ministry to them!!! So if many of you can keep them in your prays that would be great thanks :)
  4. TaushaC posted on 11/21/2012 02:04 PM
    I will pass it on! :)
  5. DianneG posted on 11/21/2012 03:52 PM
    I already fb'd Christmas Praise coming Friday the 29th, 106.5! I'm ahead of ya! :)

ps. About 4+ years ago, we went to the Trans Siberian Orchestra, when they were here in B.C. The song that you play (I believe I was the first to suggest you add it to your Christmas music list, some 15 yrs ago), it overwelms me w/ awe and thankfulness. As we looked out over the packed arena, just thinking that there are people, from all walks of life, taking in this amazing Christmas story, many for the 1st time! The memory still brings me to thankful tears.
    "D"
  6. KerriB posted on 11/22/2012 12:20 PM
    I sure will and do every year. You are the best station there is!
  7. KerriB posted on 11/22/2012 12:21 PM
    You share the real meaning of Christmas and that needs to get out there....thank you!
  8. Songdove posted on 11/23/2012 09:10 AM
    As long as we don't include songs that sing of santa's godhood and make sure to include songs singing of Christ as the God we worship at this time of year, I'm all for it. But I cringe every time I hear "Santa is Coming to town", the second verse of "Silver Bells", etc, and then hear songs rewording classic hymns to reduce how often God is mentioned (Josh Groban's version of Oh Holy Night for example). If we are going to be a witness, let's be a witness and not water it down.
  9. Grandmum63 posted on 11/25/2012 09:25 AM
    I will most certainly let people know about Praise 106.5! Blessings!

Adri