Your Life - PRAISE Updates

Another Bump In The Road of Life

Bumps in the road of life…we all have them. Isn’t it funny how we rarely see them coming at us even though we know they will sooner than later?!?

Last week I found out I have a blood clot in my calf.    Well, I’m a little young for that so the doctors are wondering why.  Seems the answer could be a tiny bump, a pothole or a ‘bridge out’ kind of bump.  It may have been a long drive I took at the end of September… a tiny bump.  It could be genetic… a pot-hole bump. Or, it could be cause by a tumor.

Having survived cancer 4 times in my life, I would call this the ‘bridge-out’ kind of bump. Testing will tell. The waiting is always the worst. But, knowing that God is faithful regardless of the size of the road bump brings peace in the midst of the storm. Are you, like me, facing a bump in the road? Keep both hands on the wheel (and your mind in His Word) as you travel this bumpy road we call life.

Leave a comment:

showing all comments · Subscribe to comments
Comment Like
  • 15
  • 3
  1. Carmen posted on 10/22/2013 04:49 PM
    I am sorry to hear of the blood clot. I too had one a few years ago but certainly do not fit the "profile." I took the shots for a month(rather than warfarin) and while I was told it could take up to 6 months, through the grace of God it was gone in a month. Nice thing about calf clots? They rarely travel.. You are going to be fine. God Bless. Carmen
  2. Sonja posted on 10/22/2013 04:57 PM
    Papa God we are expecting an excellent report. In the name of Jesus I command all circulation to return to normal.
  3. helen - Abbotsford posted on 10/22/2013 06:53 PM
    Hi Jim

I pray the Lord will give you peace regarding the 'bump' until you can have it assessed - you know how it goes having had so many problems before. I pray you can find out the problem very soon and get on with whatever is required. Keep your eyes looking up and remember He IS in charge.
  4. Teresa Somers posted on 10/22/2013 06:54 PM
    Jim, you are in my prayers and most assuredly in Gods loving embrace and your faith will get you through it all.
  5. Vivian posted on 10/22/2013 06:54 PM
    Will be praying for you and your family Jim. I moved to the Okanagan and sure miss hearing you each day. God is good, but I know how hard it is to wait for answers so I will ask for a great measure of patience and peace for you.
  6. Louise Kovacs posted on 10/22/2013 07:06 PM
    You are in my prayers as well. This really hit home for me. I just found out that my aunt's lung cancer is no longer in remission, and I am having problems with asthma and low blood pressure. I have faith that all will be well.
  7. L posted on 10/22/2013 11:14 PM
    Don't usually reply to things, but reading your words, for some reason, touched my heart big time. Prayers for complete healing heading your way. May God hold, comfort, and assure you in the days to come of His saving grace, mercy, and power.
  8. Andrea posted on 10/23/2013 07:58 AM
    My heart goes out to you..Standing with you in prayer that you will get a good report Jim.
  9. JudyM_3 posted on 10/23/2013 08:01 AM
    Hi Jim, I love listening to you and Lynette in the morning. I will pray for you and your family .I will also pray for God tol wrap you in his arms and bring you peace and comfort in this stressful time.
  10. Angela Patterson posted on 10/23/2013 08:45 AM
    I will be praying for you, especially in the waiting period. Be assured that God will not take you where He cannot keep you. Trite sounding words, I know but tried and tested. Our God is an awesome God and a great Father of love.

In Him,
    Angie Patterson
  11. Miguelita posted on 10/23/2013 02:23 PM
    Hi brother Jim,
    Yes , there is always a bumpy road along our way but Our father is always there for us. He just want to see you standing firm on his word. And hold on his promises and live a holy life as he wanted as to be , and you will see his unfailing love!!

Be bless !!!
  12. LynneK posted on 10/23/2013 07:06 PM
    Jim, we'll be keeping you in our prayers. May God bless you with peace and keep you in the health that best glorifies Him.
  13. Betty posted on 10/23/2013 09:20 PM
    Hi Jim,
    I've been walking alongside my best friend who has had severe chronic pain for the last 13 years from a horse accident. She has been left debilitated and unable to go out on her own and she has limited functionality at home. Now she might have cancer. I don't know how to respond. We're all Christians, but she and her husband have had so many bumps in their road on top of her chronic pain leaving the husband at odds with God. Please pray that she doesn't have cancer too.

Praying for you as well? How have you been able to cope?
  14. anyomous posted on 10/28/2013 07:19 PM
    Please pray for my son Eric for emotional healing, friends and for Gods direction in his life. Thank you and God bless you
  15. Renee Supler posted on 11/01/2013 08:07 PM
    Jim, so sorry to hear about the trial that you are going thru but find it so interesting just how God works. You see this weekend in my Sunday school class I taught as led by the spirit on just this subject. The kids were paired up and one of them was blindfolded. The other child threw soft things at each blindfolded child who in turn did not know what was being thrown but still had to catch it. The reminder to the kids was that we don't know what is coming our way but always know that God is fully aware and can see it even when we can't. Sometimes we will be able to handle (or catch) what is coming at us, while at other times need guidance or direction to catch it, while still other times we can't catch it at all no matter how hard we try. But God is always in control and will help see us thru no matter what comes our way. Praying for you and your family. Never forget that though we stumble, we will not fall for God holds us in the palm of his hand!!!!
showing all comments
  • In the Footsteps of Paul

I remember two years ago when I was asked to host a tour of PRAISE listeners to go to Israel… what a dream come true. A life-changing experience for me for sure… I have made some incredible memories and some wonderful lifelong friendships. And now, an opportunity to go on “Paul’s Journey” this Fall. Read More