Your Life - PRAISE Updates

Where Is Your Safe Place?
9 3

Where do you cry? Have you ever needed to cry and you can't find a safe place to do it because you don't want to upset your kids or anyone else? That's Selena's story. She's a single mom with three boys and a bunch of part-time jobs just trying to make ends meet. Sometimes she feels like she's all alone, and that's when God reaches in. Selena cries in her car. I get that. Then there's that moment when the right song comes on. Hillary Scott singing,

I don't wanna think.

I may never understand

That my broken heart is a part of your plan
When I try to pray

All I've got is hurt and these four words

Thy will be done.

Selena wrote us to say thank you, and we just have to pass that thanks on to you. It takes all of us to make this music happen.  Because PRAISE 106.5 is a community supported radio station, we are so grateful for your giving. You make it all possible.

Our day of sharing is coming up, but here's my challenge to you:  If you've ever cried in the car and had just the right song come on, give to make that happen for someone else.  Selena says, "Thank you," and so do I.

Much Love,

Sam

Categories:

Leave a comment:

showing all comments · Subscribe to comments
  1. Donald Trudeau posted on 03/15/2017 03:25 PM
    I can relate to Selena's story, I have raised my son on my own since he was 4, now Nathan is 20. I cried thousands of times over the last 16 years and somewhere in scripture it say's an Angle collects all those tears, so let them come Selena, we moved 500 miles away from where I grew up when he was 4 and I take up this whole web site telling you of God's faithfulness and being on Vancouver Island meant Praise 106.5 helped me stay stable listening to the worship and the preaching. One miracle after the other as we spent two years there till we moved back to Prince George. We found a great church family in Nanaimo we are still in contact with some of them these many years later. You have three children Selena, you need more faith then I needed so hang in there, put your Hope and Trust in our father the Lord Jesus Christ and he will not let you down. I will pray for family and keep listening to Praise 106.5 The Lord will provide all your "needs" this I am confident in. Bless you, Donald
    1. Sam Kelly posted on 03/21/2017 09:49 AM
      @Donald Trudeau Donald - thank you so much for these encouraging worlds for this mom. Your story is testimony to God's faithfulness and your own strength to trust Him. God bless you!!

Sam
  2. Joy Hanson posted on 03/16/2017 07:52 AM
    Sam, again your words fill me with an overwhelming sense God is with me! After another extremely early morning of helping my son & husband out the door, I settled in to enjoy your story.

The exact same moment I'm reading these words of Hillary's song, they are streaming over the radio. And the tears stream down. And I am filled with such gratitude of His intimate presence.

Thank you and all the others there for your work that I know is not easy. God's love streams down, through you, through us, and goes back again. Now that's a circle of life! What great riches we have in each other now and what we can look forward to in fellowship with each other for all eternity. Praising God for all of you...
    1. Sam Kelly posted on 03/21/2017 09:55 AM
      @Joy Hanson Joy,

Your note gave me chills!!! God is awesome and so are you. Thank you!!!! So much love,

Sam
  3. Jeff posted on 03/16/2017 11:21 AM
    Hi Sam, I might have mentioned that my wife and I had a baby with trisomy 18 and we lost her many years ago. Just too think as I write this that she is with Jesus and the tears wont stop now but your testimony of faith and love through Praise 106.5 just compels me to reply. I know you talk about your child and what your dealing with, but everything that happens in this life is for a reason. The good Lord giveth and taketh away. Job 1:21. Through faithfulness and coming back to the throne of GRACE the Mighty one has blessed us with a beautiful granddaughter who will be 4 in April. Blessed be the Name of the Lord! This off the subject, is where my safe place is and I can and will cry when the Spirit is willing. Thank you Sam and listeners for opening your hearts to our calling in this short life. Without these testimonies and stories life wouldn't be real. All for Praise 106.5 and the Glory of God! Keep up the spiritual blessings Sam.
    1. Sam Kelly posted on 03/21/2017 09:58 AM
      @Jeff Jeff,

I cried when I read your note. Your joy mixed with loss really touched me. Thank you for these words and the blessing of your story. Amen! Much Love,

Sam
  4. Kevin Hawkins posted on 03/20/2017 07:17 AM
    Hi Sam,

I can relate to Selena's story. I have had moments like that at times, probably more often than I care to admit. That song by Hilary Scott is very comforting. I am so glad that our Lord is near to us at all times, including when we are overwhelmed and brokenhearted! Thank you so much for sharing this! Kevin Hawkins
    1. Sam Kelly posted on 03/21/2017 10:00 AM
      @Kevin Hawkins Kevin -

Thanks for being so real. I love that we aren't alone in this walk. Bless you beyond what you can even ask!!

Love,
      Sam
  5. David Vanderlei posted on 04/12/2017 07:37 PM
    My safe place is under my covers at night; I am currently homeless and staying in a shelter for men. I'm a recovering addict for 12 years with no sponsor last AUG i REMOVED MYSELF FROM OUR APT AT THAT TIME BECAUSE MY ROOM-MATE WAS GETTING HIGH AGAIN AND LYING about it you cant hide the smell! There is a real housing (affordable) crisis in Vancouver BC. There is rampant drug use on the streets even used needles on Robson street (main str) and lately i've thought to myself "maybe I can try smoking again yet knowing that is NOT THE ANSWER!" My mp3 got stolen thru my not thinking so i cant listen to 106.5 any more so this Sunday I am going back to church i need to! i will keep you posted. l8r
showing all comments
  • The essential question isn't difficult to state: How can I, a person who has absorbed so many years of mediocre thinking, change? How can I, like a caterpillar, move from squirming in the dirt to enjoying the sweet nectar in God's creation? As in the caterpillar's case, a radical metamorphosis must occur. It is a process that will be difficult, demanding, and lengthy—but, oh, how sweet the results! If you are really serious about conquering mediocrity (which, remember, starts in the mind), then I have three words to offer—memorize, personalize, and analyze.