If you haven’t heard, a storm is coming. Here is an official statement from the National Weather Service. It’s a great idea to get prepared, even if the storm doesn’t arrive, so that you are safe and/or ready for next time. Here are 10 things you can do to prepare for the storm.
1. Cell Phone Tips from King 5. You can also follow them on Facebook for Live updates on the storm.
2. Have a backup plan. In case of an emergency, know where you are going to meet your family. If you need specific medication that requires power, know where you can get help.
3. Keep some cash on hand
4. Charge everything! And, it might be useful to have a chargeable battery on hand that can charge a few devices, like your cell phone!
5. Add batteries to all your flashlights. Know where your candles are in the house. It’s much harder to find these things in the dark.
6. Check your emergency packs and food. Don’t have an emergency pack? Put a few things together so you can make it a few days.
7. Get your camp stove ready (don’t use it inside!) so you can make some warm food.
8. Fill your car up with gas
9. Find those extra blankets and get ready in case the house gets really cold.
10. Don’t forget your pets. Make sure you have everything needed for them as well.
More articles on Disaster Preparedness: