When a crisis hits how do you want your friends to serve you? Are you the type of person who wants people to show up unannounced at your doorstep with a meal or to clean your house?
What about your friends and family? Do you know what they need when an emergency strikes?
Chances are you haven’t taken a moment to think through how you can serve those closest to you and chances are they might not know either. This will help.
Here’s the deal.
We don’t want to think about bad things happening to us or our friends. We just don’t. We want to block it out. However, instead, let’s prepare ourselves to be the best friends we can be when something does strike. When we train ourselves in how to respond during a difficult situation those closest to us will be blessed and God can use us in much more powerful ways.
So, we’ve started a list. What would you add to this list? We’ll take all the ideas and create a printout that you can use.
- What is your love language?
- Can I show up on your doorstep with a meal? Do you want me to call first?
- What is the best way I can serve you?
- Do you want to talk about it? Do you want me to ask you questions?
- Would you rather be left alone?
- Is there anything I should absolutely avoid doing?
- Do you have any food allergies?
- What is your favorite coffee drink?
- What brings you comfort?
Add to this list with us and let’s all create ‘In case of emergency’ cards for our friends and family.